There are many different things that unmarried couples who live together can do with a non-marital agreement to protect their individual financial interests. Of course, every time you enter into a non-marriage contract with your partner, you want to make sure that your agreement is legally recognized and valid. In order for an agreement between an unmarried couple to be considered legal and enforceable, several important requirements must be met: these contracts operate in the same way as marital agreements and define, among other things, how money, property and debt are treated during and even after the relationship. It may seem extremely undy romantic to ask your partner to enter into a contract with you, but it will tell you a lot about yourself, your partner and the maturity of your relationship. This agreement is commonly referred to as a “non-marriage agreement” or “cohabitation contract.” (To indicate exactly what should happen if you die during the relationship, you must also design a will.) If you and your partner are going to devote the effort and time needed to create a non-marital agreement, it is important that you keep the advice of an experienced non-marital lawyer. Our Randolph, NJ non-martial non-martial non-convention lawyers can help you ensure that any agreement you make is fair to you, that all responsibilities that you and your partner wish to address are duly considered and ultimately considered legal and valid. Regardless of why you and your partner choose to remain single, the fact that you are in a committed relationship is the fact that you are in a committed relationship, and this relationship will be accompanied by the pooling of finances, financial responsibilities and the need to protect your common, individual, legal and financial rights. By creating a clear, complete and effective understanding of living together, you can protect the future of your relationship and address many of the problems that will arise together during your relationship. What is an out-of-marriage cohabitation contract – do I need one? The California Family Code and the cases in which it is interpreted regulate the dissolution of the marriage process for separating couples.